PURPOSE AAMD Education and Research Foundation has established the Education Travel Grant program to subsidize the costs of meeting attendance for members who could not otherwise participate in an AAMD event. Travel awards will not exceed $2,500 for the 42nd Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana. The total amount awarded will be based on the financial needs of the applicant.
WHAT IS COVERED Grant funds will be used to cover meeting registration, flight or ground travel and hotel reservations for up to 6 nights (if attending the preconference workshops). Food and incidental charges from the hotel are not covered by grant funds.
CRITERIA Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for an Education Travel Grant.
- Maintain active AAMD member status (during application and award process)
- Demonstrate financial and CE credit need
- Endorsement of their current Administrator
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS Grant applicants must complete the online application including the essay portion that addresses the following information. Completed application will also include the attachments listed below:
- Reason for attending the AAMD annual meeting and impact on professional practice
- Purpose for requesting aid and statement of professional growth
- Budget of anticipated expenses for the annual meeting
- Current MDCB CE credits recorded and year of renewal
Additional Documents Required
- Curriculum vitae/Resume
- Letter of endorsement from applicant’s institution and a copy of their travel reimbursement policies